However, in order for us, as a group, to make it to the stage we are now at, it was essential for us to encorperate everything we had learnt into our filming and to also absorb all the knowledge and advice given to use by our teachers.
We were taught how to make a detailed and descriptive analysis of all our footage, this included our prelim, bag swap scene and final thriller opening.
In addition we were introduced to some new and interesting programmes that allowed us to display our work or even arrange it into forms of presentations in very imaginative ways, these included; Blogger, Vimeo, Prezi etc.
We Have also gained understanding on how to
create clips/scenes that will attract certain target audiences, for example, for our thriller opening,
we chose to use young actors and gave the film a plot that would appeal to both male and female viewers ranging from 16-25. We were able to do this since our opening had elements that both genders would be able to relate to i.e. 'romance' for the female audience and 'crime' for the male audience,
however, since the overall sub-genre for our film is psychological,
we have 'ticked every box' and created a film that will appeal to an even broader audience.
Over the course of time, from when we first shot our prelim to when we made our final thriller opening, we gained a variety of technological skills including how to carefully and effectively handle and use the media tripods and camera.
We learnt about focusing (using Manual and Auto focus),
how to adjust the hight of the camera and the legs of the tripod, how to render our clips once we had recorded them and also how to transfer them onto FinalCutPro (FCP).
FCP was a programme we used when looking at any of our clips. it allowed us to add effects such as; fade, dissolve etc.
In addition FCP allowed us to assemble our clips onto a timeline in order to arrange them chronologically then alter the length of clips, the effects over them and the overall timing of the clips once on the timeline.
Additionally, we learnt how to use LIveType and Soundtrack Pro which are programmes that allow you to add texts and sound over and clip that we created. We were able to demonstrate our abilities to transfer our clips to LT and SP when we created our final thriller opening, which had opening titles such as; production company, starring actors, director etc. Also, we created and then added on sound to our clips via soundtrack pro; this is where my group and I, picked from a selection of music genres that suited our film and our target audience.
Here is a screen grab from our Preliminary task, as well as one from our final production. We have made some major progression, including; how to alter the lighting, angles and focusing of our shots.
Also, our editing skills have substantially improved. Including our cuts, transitions, effects music etc.